Why is it that some churches are so dynamic and others so dormant? Why are some churches so lively and others lethargic?
Among the reasons, I think that
1. Vital churches want lots of noisy children and youth; dull ones want quiet.
2. Vital churches plan for the future; dull ones dwell on the past.
3. Vital churches serve people; dull ones sustain programs.
4. Vital churches declare God’s unchanging love in forms of ministry that change as needed; dull ones do things the way they’ve always been done.
5. Vital churches celebrate worship; dull ones endure it.
6. Vital churches are full of tithers; dull ones are full of tippers.
What would you add?